Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Craziness?

What is wrong with people!? Why do individuals lose all logic, self restraint and dignity when the presidential election is brought up? I don't ever remember (yes, I don't have a lot to go on, but bear with me) people becoming as irate or vocal about any previous election. This is rediculous. Is it because of the race factor? The war? I sometimes think it may be because the country is becoming more polorized as we speak about ethical and moral values and Obama and McCain represent those view points.
Regardless of what it is we need to calm down. If you are a republican you need to realize that the country will still be here if Obama is elected. We survived Franklin D. Roosevelt, Jimmy Carter and Clinton, surely we can survive Barack. But if you are so upset about it you need to become more involved. There is not a lot of visitibility of the Republican party. Actually, when I do think about the Republican party I think old white rich man, which doesn't bode well for the party image. Maybe that's why the liberals hate Sarah Palin so much.
In contrast to the Republicans we have the Democrats. STOP SHOUTING AT ME! I don't care how much you hate Bush, the war or the restrictions put on homosexuality. I know your stance without you making me deaf. Also, having a black president isn't going to change anything. We need to stop focusing on the fact that he's black and look at his values. If it does matter that Obama is black you might want to think about why it means so much to you. If this presidential election is going to made a difference in how you view yourself as a person because of what skin color you have, you need to reevaluate your priorities.

No comments: